Saturday 22 September 2012

Schoolgirls With Guitars

I never get a Saturday off. Today's Autumn Equinox day in Japan. It's nice to get a full weekend off for a change.


I haven't been to Nakano Broadway for what seems like ages, so it feels like a good time to return there. The last time I went to Akihabara, I saw another Nazo No Pyramid, and even a Galaxy Invader 1000. I figure you can't have enough of a great game, but I held back. The later was 5,000 yen, and had a few scratches. Maybe for 2 or 3,000 yen I would've taken it for nostalgia's sake.


Well if you like Akiba, then Nakano is more of the same times eleven. I got there at 3pm and struggled to look around in less than four hours.


I bought a Yui Hirasawa (lead guitar) anime doll from the K-ON! series, a long time ago in Funabashi. Shortly after I got Ritsu Tainaka (drums) in Shibuya. I figured since I started this I may as well get the whole band, right?

In Shibuya and Akihabara, the prices were quite high, but I bought  both Tsumugi Kotobuki (keyboards), and Azusa Nakano (red rhythm guitar) here today for a reasonable price. Here, and in Akihabara you'll see shops with items in clear stacked cases. The shop leases the boxes to the sellers. Quite a good idea. This is where I found them.

I've never watched the K-ON! anime. I just think rock chicks are pretty cool. Assembling them takes a bit of time. They usually come in pieces with dismembered head, arms and torsos so they can be put into smaller boxes and cushioned.

 I've got them displayed in my glass cupboard. I've only got Mio Akiyama, the bass player, left to complete my "band". Then I'll stop, and find something else I don't need to buy.

0 comments: