Saturday 25 April 2009

You Lookin' At Me?

I used to think that diaries were meant to be read to learn something interesting from other people, and maybe even give advice to others.

In hindsight, I learn now that the only ones that can totally speak their mind are posthumously, where being dead, the writer won't care too much about what's been said.

I'm getting a little sick of the spies turning my own words against me on my own, private, yet public blog. In turn it's making me feel like a spy for them.

So.. I am going to try to keep my thoughts to myself, and build back up that wall I had to before, to keep myself from getting hurt.

It doesn't mean that I won't write anymore (maybe), just that if I do write anything, it'll be more about my inane and trivial meanderings, rather than anything that opens me up to criticism I don't want, or need.

Any comments? No.. ok then.

Our little group went out tonight to Mike's Tex Mex in Higashi Rinkan. This time there were a few more invitees that ensured a night I can safely say was enjoyed by all.

In keeping with what I said at the beginning of this post, here is what I want to share with everyone.

No, it's not water, but my shot of tequila that did a good job of helping me forget any of the negatives in my life. Muchos Gracias!

I had time to kill before going to the restaurant, so it was as good a time as any to visit one of my favourite recycle shops, the Treasure Factory.

You never know what you might find.

This was a "blast from the past".

We used to have one of these Rubik's snakes.

There were three of them here in vintage (ie. old and faded) condition, but for 1,500 yen I passed on them, although it would have been fun to play with them for say, five minutes to re-live a bit of nostalgia.

This was just bizarre.

It's some kind of Ronald McDonald torch, perfect for creepy seances to awaken the angry spirits of former customers.

I think it was 1,000 yen or so. There was no way I was going to buy it. As much as I like hoarding useless junk, this is even too useless for me.

It's hard to miss all these funny signs.

I think this one was meant to read, "logistics room".

Those Japanese crack me up. It's a good "pick-me-up" when I need it the most.

0 comments: