Wednesday 4 November 2009

Comedowns And Put Downs

I got a new battery for my Mickey Mouse watch today.

I had a few points on my Yodobashi card, so I thought I'd blow them all on this battery. For some reason this particular battery is not a common one so it's hard to find cheap. Using my points it came to a princely 152 yen, and I got a whole 16 yen of points.

"Ka ching!"

I really enjoyed being Spiderman for a week. Going back to the suit was a bit of a come down. At least it let me play a different character, and not be myself for a while.

I thought coming to Japan would be a new beginning, but for some reason some things seems to follow me and haunt me even here.

The funny thing is, some of the worst culprits seems to be the ones I'm in contact with the most! I can take a joke with the best of them, even when it's at my expense. The first time it's ok, the second time I'm pursing my lips, third, I'm gritting my teeth. It's just not fun anymore.

I was quite reclusive back home, and now I am starting to see why. It's a form of protection. If you choose to keep me out, I can choose to not let you in.

One of the few I could relate to has been away for a while, and the drinking moments feel better without my current group. In fact, alone is better sometimes. I don't need anyone.

In saying all this, I have to say the best people have been my students. I think they find me really approachable, and the conversations I've had have been great. I feel like I've really improved my abilities and I'm on a roll.

Kampai to you. Brickbats to the rest..

0 comments: