Thursday 27 August 2009

You Are My Hero

A week ago I was perusing Yahoo Auctions Japan for stuff I don't need, as usual.

I spied a Guitar Hero On Tour DS game with the guitar grip for 500 yen. On eBay you can buy a non-genuine controller for around the $12 mark, so this seemed like a bargain.

Stealthily I put my winning bid at 510 yen in the final moments of the auction. (Unlike eBay, Yahoo extends the auction time). Luckily no one upped my bid so it was mine!

Of course postage was extra. With Yamato's COD it was 640 yen for delivery, and the highway robbers, oops I mean UFJ bank took 262 yen for the bank transfer.

Still, I got it for a great price. I was half asleep early yesterday morning anticipating the delivery guy's knock on my door. Just before noon it arrived. It was wrapped well with bubble wrap and gift wrap like a present on my birthday. nice.

I was quite surprised that under the paper the box was still in unopened shrink-wrap plastic. It was brand new! Also it had the original 4,760 yen sticker price on it. I did well, ne?

It was my day off today. I woke up about 12:30pm. I played Guitar Hero until I went cross-eyed. I'd planned to go to Akihabara today to look at a replacement camera for my Nikon, but got stuck with family tech support again.

There seems to be a sense of urgency. This weekend is the last chance to see the giant full-size Gundam in Odaiba. I thought it was going to be permanent but apparently not. I really don't want to miss out on this photo/video opportunity.

I hope it doesn't rain.

0 comments: