Friday 27 June 2008

Price Off!

Maybe it's some kind of twisted coincidence that lately it's been raining on my days off. Yesterday I wanted to go to Akihabara, but the rain only let me get as far as the nearest combini to pay my phone bill.

On a lovely (work) day like today it was unsurprisingly fine, so I woke up early enough to kill a bit of time there. Although a little bit quick I managed to see everything I wanted to see.

I popped into Superpotato to see if they had any goodies for me, and I saw a "Pengin Gin" for the sweet price of 1344 yen.

I had some watch batteries to test it but they wouldn't let me test it there before buying. I asked if there was any warranty and they said just a week. It looked in good condition so I decided just to buy it.

It looked just like a "Neko Don Don" with penguins instead of cats. It seemed a good enough reason to get it.

After I took it off it's plastic wrapping I noticed a screw holding the battery compartment shut. It was a little bit of a nuisance. Why did they do that? So kids don't eat the batteries I suppose. I walked into one of the many computer shops and asked to borrow a screwdriver.

I was a little disappointed to find that it wasn't working apart from a tiny bit of sound. I took it back and they gave me a refund and two 100 yen vouchers for my troubles.

That was a nice gesture. On arriving home I tested the batteries on Zaxxon and Neko Don Don. They worked but the batteries are almost drained, so the LCDs were quite faded. Maybe it needed stronger batteries? It still showed SOMETHING on these games, so I still think it was a broken game.

To end today's post, I saw it and couldn't help myself to take this picture.

I have been OD'ing on "OFF"s. Here's no exception. When it's off, it really is off.

WORD

0 comments: