Wednesday 25 March 2009

The Baby Goes Wah

Today I received my ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Crybaby Wah.

It came a day earlier than I expected at about 11:30am.

The seller didn't even put it in a box.

He simply wrapped it in bubble wrap and tape. It did the job. It's in one piece and most importantly, it works.


I bought a real cheap 9V battery when I was in Shinjuku last so I wouldn't have to wait to try it out.

It's in really good condition, not 100% new, but it looks the business in heavy duty chrome.

So how does it sound?

It sounds like a wah with a long range from bass to treble. The sweep of the pedal is quite abrupt for such a wide spectrum. It particularly suits a cranked up amp, but even clean sounded good to me. The on/off switch takes a bit of a push to bypass. I think I'm getting the hang of that though.

I checked these two Youtube video here and here to convince me this was the wah pedal for me.

Yahoo Auctions came through once again. I got this one for 6,000 yen. An absolute bargain! The postage only set me back 720 yen and of course the bank took a 262 yen "cut" for doing the transfer.

All in all, I'm really happy with it!

0 comments: