Saturday 31 May 2008

One Year In Japan

..and the coffee has finally run out.

Well. I've reached my milestone and I don't know what I was expecting. No fanfare. No blare of trumpets.

Just like last year, it's raining again. There was a plan to go drinking once more in Shibuya, but the chill from the rain has put an end to that idea.

Here I am sitting in the apartment contemplating my year up until now. My worst fear is repeating myself. There is nothing like the thrill of the new. There'll always be another summer's fireworks, autumn's leaves, spring's cherry blossoms, and winter's snow.

I'm hoping I can find some new things to get excited about. Japan has its good and bad. A lot of things I thought about the Japanese have changed. I think they like to believe their own myths.

The food is great. Much better than I imagined it could be. I have met the kindest people, the worst people and I think I have a lot to learn about them,.. and myself.

Today I had a surprise meeting. A last goodbye for now. Kampai with an 8% STRONG Chu-hi!! It made all the difference to my day. Thanks for sharing a drink. Good luck.

If you ask me how long I'm going to be here, I can't answer that. Forever? Nothing lasts forever, nothing..

0 comments: