Saturday 19 July 2008

I Think He's Gonna Make It

I haven't posted for a few days.

I'm sure no-one's been too worried about lil' old me. What doesn't kill you, makes you.. nervous.

The worst thing was looking for a doctor in my poor state.

After a second visit to the same Japanese doctor, he actually suggested a cat scan! I wasn't sure what it costs, but from looking at the going rate from online sources, it's not cheap. What surprised me most was he didn't suggest a simple blood test.

So.. I decided it was a good idea to find an English-speaking doctor.

There're actually quite a few around and it's not too hard to find. If you're in Tokyo and haven't been looking for an doctor that speaks English, it's a good idea to do it before you get sick. I started my search from here (Click up top for English translation).

You can thank me later.

After being absent from work up until friday, I gathered my strength to weather a saturday shift in Tama Plaza. I was still feeling a bit weak, but much better than earlier in the week. Thankfully I didn't have to work too hard today.

Last night we had a tabe-hodai at Gyu Kaku because I had a craving for MEAT to hopefully give me a bit of extra energy for today.

Usually it means "all you can eat" but last night it was more like, "all you can eat BUT, we will bring it out really, really slowly, so you are really just paying us to eat less in the 90 minutes we give you."

Quite disappointing. More so when they tried to charge us almost 9,000 yen for the meal that wasn't even close to that if we paid for each plate separately.

On monday there's a Marine Day national holiday, so I have an extra free day to recuperate from this.

Lucky me.

0 comments: