Tuesday 29 July 2008

Those J-Pop Girls

Who'd have thought that I'd be getting into a bit of J-Pop?

Japan has it's fair share of boy bands. Quite logical when just walking around this place I can't help but think that some of the boys here look, how can I say sensitively? Effeminate.

But if I'm going to talk about J-Pop, let's concentrate on the girls shall we?

I let you know earlier that I had a "thing" for Utada Hikaru.
A song that I just heard today is "Call Me" by Chara. Her voice sounds a little unusual in the chorus to these ears, but it has a good beat. I like it.


Where do I hear this stuff? On TV! Usually in the promos. I don't know about you but Japanese tv is pretty lame. It seems like a whole lot of game shows and a few dramas. Sometimes those game shows have girls in bikinis, so not all bad I guess.

This is another song I can't get away from. It's called, "Polyrhythm" (ポリリズム) by a group called Perfume.

Kawai ne?

0 comments: