Thursday 25 October 2007

I've Got So Many Things To Do

Being my day off, I tried to get a lot done. I have about a week left here in Tomioka, so I need to make some changes. 


 First I went to the Kanazawa Bunko ward office to cancel my National Health Insurance here. Looks like I will have to re-apply for it at the Shinjuku ward office. 

 Even without too much english, the staff understood what I needed to do so it was relatively painless. Also while I was there I went to change my address details with Softbank, my mobile phone company.

 Luckily our new roommate wanted to check the external mailbox last night. I had a mail from Softbank saying they couldn't take my monthly payment from my credit card. 

 Instead they sent me a convenience store payslip, which is how I've always wanted to pay anyway. In the mail they ask for me to give them a new credit card, but I'm just going to keep it this way. They didn't mention anything at the Softbank store. 

 I had in mind to go into Tokyo to bring as much stuff as possible. I have a spare futon set which can always come in handy. 

 It is a bit of a pain to carry but I had the last two Placebo CDs, "Sleeping With Ghosts" and "Meds" rockin' on my iPod that made the trip more bearable. These are really cool CDs with great songs. Another high recommendation from the Jimster. 

 We checked out the secondhand store. There's a Roland V-drum kit for 68,000 yen which is tempting me. I have no idea where it's going to go, but it would be a heap of fun to have. 

  We were really hungry so we went to a Nakamuraya curry restaurant called Repas. The curry rice was really tasty, a little expensive but worth it I think. 

 Next we went to Macca's for our free coffees. The coupons I had were due on the 15th of October. I was counting on the girl not to check the back of them and she didn't. 

 






Walking back we stopped into the supermarket. I saw Australian orange juice for get this, 680 yen! That is two to three times the price back home. 

 


We bought tickets to go to the Tokyo Motor Show 2007 on the weekend. Check out my blog for a rundown of how that'll go soon.
 

We ate some Botamochi azuki sweets from Sentaro that from this picture look like turds, but were actually really delicious to end off a very busy day.

0 comments: