Thursday 4 October 2007

The Tissue Mass Debate

One thing I noticed when I passed through Japan three years ago, was that when they give out advertising on the street they usually give it out in a small pack of tissues.

I first thought that this was strange, but now I think it's a great idea. I won't have to buy tissues at all! It doesn't really matter that I can't read what it says on them, they are very useful, especially now that the weather is changing and it feels colder.

So much so in fact that I have found a new hobby of trying to get as many of the touts to hand me one as I walk past. Sometimes they aren't so willing to hand me one, knowing rightly that I am just after some tissues. They are just too clever.

On Wednesday I walked through the busy Yokohama streets, and managed to get a few packs on the way to the catcher arcade. I had in mind to play for the same biscuits as last week. I'm over the toys for now. It's about survival now. I have to eat.

They weren't so keen to move the packs into a better position this week. So, it took 600 yen to get them. Still, cheaper than buying them from the supermarket.

Speaking of, I have a great idea of a UFO catcher supermarket where you have to use the skill cranes to get groceries. It would make a shopping trip less mundane, and imagine how much you could potentially save? This idea is gold.

Almost as good as Derek's "Super Happy Genki Girls" TV show pilot idea. Hmm..

It's only 830pm, and I'm feeling tired doing nothing all day. I might have an early night tonight for a change.

0 comments: