Saturday 20 October 2007

A Suitcase Full'o Clothes

Another day, another suitcase of things to carry.

As it's getting closer to my big move, today I decided to bring all my clothes to the new place.

I was going to leave some stuff behind so I can have clothes when I come back to Tomioka, but I was tired and couldn't be bothered choosing things to stay behind.

I really want to thank the person that had the good sense to put wheels on a suitcase. If I had to carry it the whole way I would have been totally screwed.

Thankfully the trains were not as full as expected, so the minor stress of last week was alleviated.

To minimise the possibility of a crowded carriage, I went to the first one where people were waiting in a designated smoking area on the platform. It was like a smoky nightclub.

It reminded me of back home in the bars before the no smoking laws were put into place. Oh, without the music, lights and drunk girls looking for a good time.

The new flatmate, Jon had his japanese friend, "who is not his girlfriend" over all night last night. He said she has a boyfriend, but I wouldn't be too pleased if my girlfriend stayed the night at some other guy's place. I suspect he ain't telling the truth.

I came home to find the bathroom absolutely spotless clean. She probably helped clean it. Men don't clean as well as this. It makes me happy. She can stay over as much as she likes! One less thing to worry about to get my deposit back.

Now only if they would clean our crusty gas stove. Hmm..

Looking at my favourite toy store website I found this, a Star Wars credit card. How cool, I WANT! Only in Japan.

0 comments: