Thursday 13 November 2008

The Unlock

It was a really beautiful day today. That's very unusual for my typical days off, so I thought it'd be a good opportunity to go and get my red 707SCII unlocked from the clutches of Softbank.

I probably said this before, but they will not unlock a phone even if you fulfil a contract. To get the cell phone connection, I felt I was under duress to take their "free" phone, which I didn't need.

So anyway I found a place in Sakura Shinmachi that freed the phone in less than 10 minutes. Because of some uncertain legalities regarding phone unlocking, I think it's a good idea to keep this shop secret.

So now I can take this phone back to Australia for my father to use. Great! Over a free wifi connection I Skype-called him the good news.

I had plenty of time to kill wandering Shibuya.

When I got hungry I bought a McPork which has mysteriously increased in price, but not girth to 20 yen extra. I didn't really feel like it, but I also got a Krispy Kreme donut. Why?

The line was surprisingly short, and because they were giving away complimentary ones, I got two for the price of one!

Getting back to Yotsuya, I hung out at Atre again to listen to Internet radio back home.

I was tired, but I'm pretty happy with how the day turned out.

0 comments: