Thursday 15 November 2007

Australian Embassy & Yotsuya Library

After not going to bed until 3am last night, I woke up at the crack of noon.

Today I thought it would be a good idea to vote for Australia's federal election. I must have been bored. If a person is not in Australia, it is not compulsory to do it, BUT you are supposed to inform the AEC that you are overseas which I didn't do.

I had planned to walk there from here. I think that it would take around an hour. I didn't leave the apartment until about 4pm so instead I caught the train to Azabu-jūban on the Namboku subway line, which is the closest station to the Embassy.

I was slightly disorientated when I got there but I found where I had to go fairly easily. I realized walking there that my soft headphones case must have dropped out of my pocket. I should've been more careful. I was a little peeved, but I think I have my old case with the semi-broken pair I had before.

After voting I decided to catch the train back to Yotsuya and then onto the Marunouchi line to the Yotsuya Library. I got off at Yotsuya-sanchōme station, but I probably shoud have got off at Shinjuku-gyoenmae which is a little closer to the library.

I got my library card organised thanks to one of the male staff that spoke enough english to tell me what to fill in. So, now I am a fully fledged member of the Yotsuya Library! Woo Hoooo!

I can borrow any items from any of the Shinjuku ward libraries. For my first borrowing I got a Rolling Stones (US) magazine and three CDs. Mystic Rearranger (Robert Plant), Anomie Bonomie (Scritti Politti), and um.. The Final (Wham) greatest hits.

After the library I walked towards Shinjuku and went to the recycle shop. The roland electric drum kit is still there. Mmm.. tempt! I also went to the Key musical instrument store and had one of the salespeople following me around, which felt strange.

We met up in Shinjuku and walked around a bit before having okonomiyaki again for dinner. It didn't look that great the way I made it but it tasted good and was filling.

0 comments: