Friday 30 November 2007

My Blue Bicycle

Last night walking into Shinjuku I saw a cute little blue fold-up bicycle for 8,800 yen (about $90). I didn't buy it because well, there were penguins to see and the library to get to.

I was debating about it all night whether I should get it or not and today, this morning, I have decided to take another look.

Walking up to the store, I didn't see the bike in the same position near the front as it was last night. So, I thought sadly that it had been sold. Walking in I saw it and my spirits rose once more.

I wanted to make sure I REALLY wanted it, so I sat in the seat and rode it in the few metres I had in the hardware store. Other shoppers must have thought I was weird doing this. A few looked at the price tag and may have thought they would get it if I didn't. I'd lose sleep if I lost it to someone else.

I got the storeperson to show me how it folded up. It's not that hard, only a latch and a few screws to loosen. I think it could fit into a bag. It's light too. I reckon about 10kg or less.

We're going to go riding on Sunday. Put it through its paces.

0 comments: