Thursday 24 April 2008

Jerk Off Myself

Unusually for a day off, I was awake at 9am.

Why?

I decided it was time to try once more to go to the Immigration office near Shinagawa, and re-apply for my visa extension.

Only having two pieces of toast and coffee, and struggling to get ready, I was out of the apartment after an hour.

If you ever have to do this, I'd strongly advise doing visa applications in the morning. Unlike last time, the initial line was virtually non-existant and I only waited a little over half an hour to get my application looked at.

I filled out a postcard with my address so hopefully in a week or two I will get it, telling me my visa extension has been approved. I have been having a lot of trouble getting mail recently. For some reason my mail has been returned to sender on more than one occasion. Strangely, my mobile phone bill has come without any problems.

I'm still waiting on my following month's national health insurance bills to come through, and the next one is due the end of this month.
Damn you Japan Post!

From Shinagawa I made my way to Akihabara. The gf asked me to get a USB memory stick for her. It was also a good excuse for me to look for my retro 80's games.

Arriving at the station, "Together In Electric Dreams" played on my iPod. How appropriate.

Even though I've been here many times I still find new things here. I saw some nice watches in a hidden alleyway, where I had to go up stairs. One watch was see-through for 4000 yen, and another had a unique way of telling the time for 1500 yen. I didn't buy either of them. Two watches are plenty for now.

No such luck with finding Nazo No Pyramid. The games they have here are mostly overpriced. I managed to to get a 2GB Silicon Power Flash drive for 980 yen. The cheapest I could find.

For the first time since I've been in Japan, the police questioned me on the street. They asked if I spoke Japanese, checked my gaijin card, then said they wanted to search my bag and jacket.

I'm surprised they never asked before. I've actually been wondering if any police would ever interrogate me. Even though I was expecting it to happen, I felt a little uncomfortable and so did they when they said it was part of their job.

I'm sure I looked really suspicious to them.

On a lighter note, I couldn't help but notice this sign in front of Aso Bit City.

Look closely.

First it says, "Any Plans For The Weekend?"

Under that, it says, "Jerk Off Myself"!!

I keep trying to think how that could've be translated, but from my sources, the japanese translation is pretty much the same. Weird.

Aso Bit City has a lot of anime character goods. Today I found the coffee mug in the store that I lost a lot of money playing for, in Yokohama. I realised how much I did the catchers more for the challenge, than the actual item.
Having said that I still bought the mug. If you hover the mouse over the picture you can see both sides of it. 

It features Miku Hatsune.

She is part of the Vocaloid singing PC software that allows you to create songs without singing any words yourself! Too easy huh?

Apparently she has quite a big following in Japan.

Can't get enough of cute Miku? Maybe you will after watching this video.

It's hard to believe that it's not a real person singing the melody. The simulation is really convincing.

Akiba is just one big toy shop to me. Maybe that's why I like it so much. Great lightsabers for 12,800 yen. An Alien figure for about 1100 yen.

What's not to like?

To finish off the night the gf wanted to eat out, so we had some nice okonomiyaki and ankomaki near her apartment in Yotsuya.

Yummo.

0 comments: