Tuesday 29 April 2008

I Am Here

When you see a sign like this, it is begging to be photographed.

At least it's in perfect English, if somewhat strange for a name of a shop.

I didn't have my Nikon on me and it was dark, so this is the best I could do.

Lately it seems like the best photo opportunities come up when I don't bring it out with me.

So where was I? I was in Shinjuku today.

The best thing about today is that it's the start of the Golden Week holidays. The not so good is that the airfares have taken a skyward rise, and any thoughts of going overseas for a short trip have quickly evaporated.

I have to say I was more than a little disappointed. A quick trip to Taipei or Hong Kong would've been fantastic.

You know how the saying goes, "He who waits, mastur.." Hmm, no that's the other one. Doesn't matter.

While I have resisted the catchers for a little bit of time, I caved and tried my chances for a Space Invaders Bottle.

It took longer than I hoped.

A bit embarrassing actually. At least it's metal not plastic. It would be good if it could keep my coffee warm, but it looks like it's just a bottle, not a thermos flask that I thought it was.

Before we went home we had some dinner at Cafe La Bohème in Shinjuku.

We had an Italian Salami & Paprika pizza (1200 yen), and a thick Carbonara creamy cheese and bacon pasta (1150 yen).

Both were really delicious. Highly recommended.

At the Marusho supermarket "Azuki Milk" Häagen-Dazs icecream was 198 yen each, so we picked up 18 ( yes, eighteen of them). This is seriously good stuff. Unfortunately azuki flavour is only available in Japan. So you guys outside of Japan will never know the goodness that this is.

All I have to do now, is decide what I'm going to do for the rest of this well-deserved week off.

0 comments: