Wednesday 16 April 2008

Station Beers

One absolutely super fantastic thing about Japan is that drinking outside in public is perfectly legal!

A good enough reason to come here if there ever was one.

Where it's a big no-no to smoke outside, but totally ok to smoke in a restaurant, things are seriously twisted in the land of the rising sun.

Like the title says, if it's wednesday it must be the night for STATION BEERS!

You know, Japan, or should I say Yokohama has a lot of open space, but you wouldn't know it when groups of people horde around us like flies to a stinking carcass.

As usual we bought our alcohol from a combini (yes, a convenience store!), and drank and talked outside Yokohama Station.

A old woman came up to us and said I was a "Good Man". I guess first impressions count so, can't argue with that!

A while later a salaryman was nearby and gave me his unopened packet of rice and peanut snacks. WTF?

I feel like god or something. Or at least Charisma Man.

With things like this, why would you ever want to leave?

Oh, and I have to say, there is a LOT of sweetness walking past at night. Hello Japan!

I didn't catch the train until after midnight from Yokohama so I was a little worried I wouldn't make it home. But, you know what? I didn't really care. If I had to walk from Shibuya or Yoyogi, or wherever, it would've given me some useful "thinking" time while I was walking.

Just one more thing before I go.

Mario Kart, Nik Kershaw and being just a little bit inebriated go surprisingly well together on a fun train ride home.

0 comments: