Wednesday 5 September 2007

One up Piplup


My day at work was fantastic.. blah, blah, blah.

Ok, I don't have a lot to say about work. In fact the point of this post is to say my UFO catcher addiction has gone full swing and there is no turning back.

I got up an hour earlier, specifically to go to the Taito Game Park in Yokohama to play the UFO catchers. I arrived there at about 930am, thinking I had plenty of time for strategies, biding my time etc.

Rubbing my face into the glass, I noticed the lights were off and soon found out they wouldn't be open until 10am. Oh..

I waited in the building's cinema foyer and made use of the facilities, and then waited patiently with the other otaku. The other boys tried to do a runner entering before the security guard opened the roller door, but he said something in Japanese and they stopped in their tracks.

The mission today was to take home a Mario Bros turtle shell that makes Nintendo sounds when you hit it, like Derek's. I first used 400 yen of the 600 yen that was in my wallet.

I thought that it wouldn't be enough so I went to the money changer and got 100 yen coins out of a 1000 yen note. I tried another two or three times but that motherf&$ker would not budge! GRRRRR..

I decided to use the remaining yen on a Pokemon Piplup penguin which looked easier to get.

I got it in four tries I think. All up, including the failed tries with the Mario turtle was 1800 yen, which I think 800-1000 yen was with Piplup.
This is the video of my last try. I ran out of 100 yen coins, so I panicked and left my school bag on the joystick to "reserve" my place. I had to change a 5000 yen note, but I only needed to 200 yen to bring him home.

Arriving home I bought some spicy chinese Mabodofu sauce with tofu and rice for dinner that we had before. Yoko's coming over to spend time with me on my day off, so it'll be a good way to kick it off.

Tonight we will be watching "My Neighbour Totoro", and tomorrow we will be expecting typhoon no.9 to come close bringing more rain than we had today. What a great day to have a day off.

1 comments:

Cristy Moxly said...

I have been trying to leave a comment since you first started writing your blog but the Hanson Internet keeps stopping me. I just wanted to say hello and let you know I was checking in every now and then to see how you are going. Sounds like you are having a great time. Anyway better get back to work. Take Care
Cristy (from Hanson)