Thursday 27 March 2008

Happiness Is Limited

What a waste of a day.

I thought to extend my visa today. Since it's my day off I thought it was the right time to go. I had quite a bit of shochu last night (I was on a self-imposed hiatus), so I didn't feel like getting up early. I got to the immigration office as before. This time the gf tagged along.

I wished I got there earlier. The place was packed.

I mistakenly thought I had to renew my visa two months before it expires. Apparently it has to be done within the two months and not before. So basically we went there for nothing. I didn't have the letter of employment from my office anyway, so it was truly a pointless exercise.

From there I made the mistake to go to Akihabara to get two accessories for my DS. I don't think we were there long, but gf clearly didn't want to be there at all.

Just to let you know, today is gf's birthday and while I was a little plastered last night I gave her the present. It was after midnight and I couldn't wait.

It's an Alba Riki Watanabe branded Seiko watch. She said she liked it when we looked at watches months earlier. I had another present, but I thought she was worth more than that. Maybe I was wrong.

Walking back from the station there was a stony silence all the way home. She was muttering words in japanese, so I needed a time out and said I was going to the supermarket.

So here I am at Atre above Yotsuya station trying to make sense of it all.

Looks like I'm not allowed to stay happy for too long. It's just the way it's always going to be, I guess.

Happy Birthday gf.

0 comments: