Saturday 7 July 2007

Don Quixote, What Do You Say?

Every shift today is full. That means I have seven classes so it will very busy.

I caught the train back to Tomioka but I still can't get myself to leave any earlier. I ended up leaving home again about 730pm. I talked to my brother for a while and a friend said that there was a Live Earth concert broadcast live on the internet so I ended up watching a bit of that as well.

Gf decided she would meet me at Shibuya. I said at Hachiko the dog which was funny, as this is where EVERYONE meets up here. By the look on her face she wasn't too impressed.

This is the famous dog. The story goes that this dog used to go to the station every day to meet it's owner but he died and the dog still came until 11 years later he died as well. If you look close to the picture you can see the japanese dude behind the dog giving the thumbs up like me!


This is the big intersection outside the train station and near Hachiko.







This is the busy saturday night main thoroughfare that leads to my favourite gaijin bar, Tasu-ichi.





Gf and I went to a Korean BBQ because after searching for somewhere to eat, this looked like the best choice. The heat from the hotplate was making my eyes tired, but the food was pretty good. It was my first taste of steak tartare or for a better description, raw beef and egg. I prefer the beef cooked, but I even prefer it more than tongue and cheek that Yoko assures me tastes good.

After we ate, we still had a bit of time to look at the giant Don Quixote, a giant "Crazy Clarks" type discount everything store.

"Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow"

Don't I look cute in this?

The gf looks better.

0 comments: