Tuesday 3 July 2007

Jimmy's Going Bananas

You're probably thinking I meant to say "Jimmy's going to get bananas" (which I did by the way), but no, as you should know by now, this is the day of the week I dread the most. 


My freakin' kids class. 

 If you saw these little dudes and dude-ettes, you would think they were cute as buttons, but in reality they can become in an instant, demon's spawn. 

 I meant to take a group pic with my camera but I had the mothers watching me from outside the window and also another shy young girl, Mei who was just trying out for the class so I didn't think it was the right time. 

 For all the bedlam they gave me I think they actually managed to retain the vocabulary I was teaching them. Still, Koudai is "da man". This kid looks like he is somewhere else but as soon as I ask him what a word is, he knows it! At the escalator I told him "up and down", so he knows another two words for free. I want to be his dad I'm so proud of him. 

 Anyhoo.. this morning I was expecting a registered letter that I missed delivery of two times already. I told both Jessie and Derek to listen out for the doorbell. The funny thing is we all heard it and jumped out of bed at the same time! I now have officially Japanese National Health Insurance. I brought the Pocky to work but I managed not to eat it, tempting as it was. 

 I brought my umbrella home that I left at Fujisawa. I thanked Sarah for prepping my kids class and she said she didn't do it. Funny that, considering IT'S HER JOB. 

 I asked a student, "What would you do if you could be invisible?" and he said "I can't say". I don't believe it. Even an innocent japanese person can have a dirty mind. Who would have thought? 

 I told one of my students that I was going to make spaghetti tonight. I lied and made a miso soup, noodle, seaweed and onion concoction. Sounds weird but I think I have created a new japanese food. I will call it Sugoi!

0 comments: