Tuesday 24 July 2007

Tuesday is good?

A Tuesday being good can only mean one thing, no kids class. As we had the Marine Day holiday on monday the kids classes take a break for the rest of the week to keep all the classes on the same lesson each week.

This is the 10 minute I do every time I walk between Sugita station on the Keikyu line to Shin-sugita train station on the JR line. I heard that Tomioka is a 30 minute walk so I might end up omitting this part of my train travels.

On the sign here it says "Guts". If this was a butcher I might understand, but this is a fruit and vegetable shop. Huh?! There was a cheap 5kg bags of rice for 1100 yen (AU $11) last week. Not there this week though. Like I want to carry a big bag of rice to my school and back home. As if..

I still got there a little earlier out of habit so when I got there I went into the Bic Camera store just for a bit of a look to kill a bit of time. I saw some mobile phone charms that you hang off your phone. This is really a japanese thing as I don't think anyone does it back home.

I have something hanging off mine now. Just a part of the process of me becoming one of THEM. I was thinking to put my Gachapin on the chain. It would be hilarious. It would take up half of my pocket.

Today was quite dull. The staff at Fujisawa got me to cut out flash cards from paper which was as exciting as it sounds. The rest of the classes were pretty much same as always. There is a schoolgirl in one class who looked tired and bored out of her mind.

As I caught the train back I decided to get some more orange juice at the Suzukiya.

0 comments: