Thursday 19 July 2007

A Yakiniku Called Gyu-Kaku

Another low key stay time day at Yokohama. HQ kept me on the phone for a while before they told I was going to be there. A little bit annoying when I don't want my mobile bill to be too much.

I spent most of the day stamping postcards which was not the most exciting thing to be doing, but better than nothing. I did end up doing a lesson in the last time period though.

Derek and Thomas had in mind to go out to eat so I tagged a long with them. I have earned the name, "Elsie". It comes from the initials L.C. which stands for "Lazy c*nt". It describes what I feel like when they ask me to cover one of their lessons.

We went to a Yakinuku that was not very far. It was near a bowling alley I wouldn't mind going to and a radio tower. Shouldn't be too hard to find again I hope.

It has a similar format to a Korean BBQ where you actually cook the food yourself on a hot coal plate in the middle. I have to say this was the best meat meal I have had since arriving. The meat was so wonderful, it had my mouth watering long after I had swallowed. It was THAT good.

I will have to go there again sometime soon. It was only about 2,000 yen. There is an "all you can eat" for 2,600 yen which is what I will try next time. On a similar note, I bought some orange juice from Shin-Sugita that surprisingly tastes like real juice. I must make a mental note to buy a whole lot more of it.

Another late night back home. I should go to bed now but I have so many posts and so little time.

0 comments: