Wednesday 22 August 2007

Absence Makes The Heart Forget

Today I am a substitute kid's class teacher at Yokohama.. fantastic..

I wasn't as nervous, because what I am finding is that most of the students in these classes are actually better behaved than in my own kids class.

I caught the usual train to Yokohama. On the train there was a little Japanese boy sitting opposite me that looked like Chicken Little with his head down drinking from a straw in a bottle and looking up at me through his glasses.

He was nothing short of adorable. I wish I could have taken his photo, but his dad would surely be wondering why this gaijin wants to take a picture of his son.

I bought a headphone adapter for my guitar amp from Yodobashi Camera before I went to the school. For some reason most of the shops in the area were closed. I have no idea why, as there aren't holidays on anymore as far I know.

My first lesson was an A level class. I did the exact same lesson as Fujisawa, but I think it went better. I taught them "small" instead of "little" (which we are told to use). I only noticed when one of the students said "small". Oops..

The second one was a C level, older kids class, and as usual they were pretty much bored to be there. They learnt the material well so I take it as being a success.

The rest of the day was quite hectic leaving me little time to fill in the roll books with comments. I ended up completing them at the end of my shift.

Maybe it was my tiredness, but I was feeling a little down as well. I haven't heard much from friends back home, so I feel a bit forgotten. The gf called me late tonight, which made me feel better. Sometimes it can be lonely in Japan. I'm really content that I have someone that makes me feel wanted.

0 comments: