Friday 10 August 2007

Enoshima!

Today we went to Enoshima to go to Shonan Beach. 


 The Japanese don't rate it very highly, but I thought it was really nice. It reminds me a little of the beaches of Sicily with the bar huts along the beach. 

 We arrived there around 330pm. There were more people here than Chigasaki and I think it is a better beach. There were more young people and it had a better atmosphere. 

 Best of all, when it came time for the lifesavers to go home, they didn't tell everyone to get out, so I stayed in the water until about 6pm. I even managed to catch a few waves bodysurfing which made me happy. 

 There was one dead fish in the water. Maybe the water isn't that clean, but here I am still able to post to my blog! 

 We had an idea to go somewhere outside of Tokyo/Yokohama these holidays, like Osaka or Hiroshima, but being everyone's summer vacation it's not that easy. Maybe I'll do it another time with better planning.

Tonight I am going into Tokyo for a few days so I'm not sure how much I'll be posting.

0 comments: