Tuesday 28 August 2007

Back At Kamio-oka Again

I had so many substitute kids classes at other schools that I hadn't been here for a while.

I arrived at the station early so I went to the small games arcade beside the school and saw a Snoopy that I thought I could get. I cautiously put in my 200 yen and carefully maneuvered the crane into place.

The claw was as weak as a 90yr old man and did nothing but nudge the plushie on the head. I don't know but this made me annoyed and I walked into the school with dark clouds above my head.

The day went smoothly. The best thing I like is that it is a small school and not very busy. It's a good way to get myself ready for the working week.

My first three classes was a female student. I thought it would kill me to do three lessons in a row, but she was easy to talk to and the time went by quickly.

The second lesson was supposed to be a double booking as well, but the student cancelled so I had almost two hours free to go over my regular kids class for tomorrow.

This school is much better prepared and had all the teaching materials available. I played the cassettes (yes, tapes) for the songs I have to sing, "The Hello Song" and "Ten Little Elephants" (normally Indians, but it must be some political correctness thing).

I gave a prospective student an ability test and my final lesson was a high level student. A good way to finish the day.

The student walked to the station with me. I was a little tired and didn't really feel like giving him a "free" lesson in my own time. He said he was catching the train, so I said I needed to buy my ticket and I'd see him next time.

I made my way home in a genki mood listening to some sweet sounds on my iPod. I made a simple rice meal and practised some more sweep picking on my guitar until I was too tired to do anymore.

The gf called me. We have decided to go to the Yakiniku after I finish work in Yokohama on Wednesday.

0 comments: