Saturday, 18 August 2007

Two Monthiversary

We woke up about 9am, because at about 1015am I walked to Shinjuku to buy my 50w Crate TX50DBJ busker's amp. It should be useful. As well as guitar, I can use it for bass and voice, effects as well and CD player inputs.

I paid 45,000 yen for it. This was the best price I could get from anywhere in the area. I asked him again if he could do anymore discount but he still said no, but I managed to get him to add a channel footswitch at least.

I got an email from Crate saying that I could use a local Australian AC Adapter with it without problems, so that is a relief. I would love to do some busking sometime.

By the time I got back, I got ready to go out again. I wanted to use the Grutt pass to go to the Science Museum. It wasn't too bad, but all the exhibits were in Japanese, and there were so many kids there I didn't get as much of a chance to "play" as they did. I think these 3D specs make me look a bit like Bono. Don't you think so?

The museum is actually in the same area as the famous Budokan stadium ("Hello Tokyo!!") where many famous bands have played and recorded their live concerts, for example, Cheap Trick.

From there we had unsatifying Macdonalds coupon burgers. (I got teriyaki chicken which was quite ordinary).

The weather was looking overcast and threatened rain, but we decided to go to Shibuya to celebrate our two months together at the same bar we met, Tasuichi. I think the two months may have been last weekend, but better late than never.

We walked around Shibuya a bit. We stopped in Don Quixote, looking for my Green shochu. It was 1180 yen for a 1.8ltr bottle, but I saw a 4 litre bottle of shochu for less than 1900 yen! I'm going to be in big trouble if I buy that.

We found a toy shop called Blister, that was selling everything 50% off. I got a Donkey Kong gorilla for 800 yen and a Gremlin's Gizmo for 1500 yen. It would have been how much I would have spent at a UFO catcher, so better to get it than lose the yen I say.

We had some Häagen-Dazs "Azuki Milk" icecream which was so good, I bought another 320 yen cup. Azuki forever!

After that we went to the bar. It was good to be back there again. Nothing has changed. Still the same gaijin/japanese ratio. I could swear there was a japanese girl giving me the eye, but I didn't talk to her at all. After all, we were there to celebrate the time we have been together and I'm not that kind of person.

We went home pleased and a little tired. I got my amp charging tonight ready for me to use when I get back to Tomioka. I can't wait to try it out.