Sunday 5 August 2007

Shibuya Skool

The great thing about staying in Tokyo is that doing my sub class in Shibuya is going to be a cinch. Instead of the hour or so of train from Tomioka, it will only take a measly 20 minutes to get there.

The strangest thing when I arrive at these new schools is that the staff act like they are not expecting me at all. Who are you? Don't you know who I am? I'm the sub teacher here to save the day! Hmm, or something like that.

Anywhoo.. the day went ok. I had two kids classes to teach and they were really good. Well, the first one was amazing. Kids old enough to know enough English but docile enough to actually do what I ask them to do.

The older children in the later class are a bit too cool for school, but still not a bad lesson if I say so myself.

By the end of the day I was feeling satisfied with how it all went. I was up for staying in Shibuya, but gf prefered to stay in. So, basically we ducked into Yoshinoya (japanese fast food) for surprisingly quick served and tasty beef and rice. Mmmm..

0 comments: