Tuesday 21 August 2007

Walking To Shin-sugita

I walked to Shin-sugita to go to work today at Fujisawa.

It didn't take as long as last time. In fact, it only took about 25 minutes from Tomioka.

Going from here to Keikyu Tomioka is about a 5-10 minute walk. Then there is the waiting at the stations for up to 10 minutes, and another 10 minutes walking between Sugita and Shin-sugita, so there is not a big difference in time.

The main thing is that I save the train fare (yet again), and get some exercise I really need.

Today at work was the usual Fujisawa day, with my kids class. Only three of them were there and another one that was just trying out for the lessons.

It was a mix between havoc and compliance, but like always I managed to get through it all.

Before I walked back from Shin-sugita to home I decided to do some extra shopping at the bigger local Suzukiya supermarket.

I got two 2ltr bottles of Calpis (my local has run out), a 1.8ltr bottle of Green shochu, 1kg bags of salt and sugar, 1000g of cooking oil and a 3 pack of noodles.

I don't know what I was thinking, but I decided to walk home as well.

There was a nice breeze, but by the time I got home, my shirt was soaked in sweat. Lucky then, that I smartly chose to wear a t-shirt to work and change there.

For dinner I made some chicken curry rice with vegetables and onion. It tasted really good. I still surprise myself with my cooking. I put it all down to just a little bit of luck.

0 comments: