Wednesday 8 August 2007

Going to the Beach!

This was the second day of my holidays and I was determined to go to the beach. We are in the midst of summer and the humidity is a bad as it gets. 


 I didn't get up until about 130pm. First idea was to go to Enoshima beach but the decision was made to go instead to Chigasaki. 

 The way to get there is the same way that I go to Fujisawa, except instead of getting off there, we take the train for a further two stops. 

 Getting to Shin-sugita, the Club Sega was calling me. Thankfully I resisted to not spend all the yen in my wallet, instead only (wasting) one 100 yen coin on the evil UFO catcher machine. 

 We arrived at Chigasaki station around 415pm. Gf wanted to take the bus to the beach but I thought it would be better to walk seeing it was only about 20 minutes from the station. Gf won, we took the bus.

 There weren't all that many people on the beach. It was late, but I have to say the water was the perfect warmth. I wanted to stay in the water for a long time. 

 Unfortunately the lifeguards (I have no idea why they have them) blew their whistles to get everyone out of the water as it was time for them to go home. 

 I couldn't believe this. This only leads me to believe Japanese are the most boring people on earth, happy to do what everyone else does. For some reason this includes leaving all their rubbish on the beach. I don't understand why they do this. 

 If you look anywhere else, there are no bins around the city but you will never hardly ever see any litter anywhere. Don't get me started on their crazy garbage rules for the home.


  This is about the time we went home. If you look in the distance behind the buildings you can see Mt Fuji. Well I think it is.

0 comments: