Tuesday 12 June 2007

The Kids Are All Right

Today was the second day of kid's training. More fun and hijinks. I got to act out the 'Father Finger" song which sings to the tune of Frere Jacque. It was an experience. Much like my interview where I took it as an audition for Big Brother. It worked then. I don't see why it wouldn't work now. 


 I also got to observe two kids classes at Machida. It is on a private line which not helpfully isn't shown on any paper map. Thanks to this Tokyo timetable site, I was able to get there and back to Keikyu Tomioka without any problems. Anyone travelling to Tokyo must check this out. Without it you are lost. Machida is on the Odakyu line

 Jeff was the instructor and he was a natural. He was very helpful for my questions and gave some really good advice. I saw a AM class and a C Class. There were two 4yr old girls in the first class that were so cute. The kids are like little toys. The later class were 8-10yr olds and there were 3 girls and 3 boys. The boys looked like they wanted to bounce off the walls and the girls were wallflowers. Two very contrasting examples. 

 Part of my trip home I had to change trains in Yokohama. I thought it would be nice to have a look around there. I tried looking for the waterfront but it was dark and I didn't have a tourist map so I ditched that idea for now. I even try to look for the local Yokohama office. I saw the sign but it was a little difficult to find the actual entrance. I don't even know if I'll be teaching there. It is closer to home so it would be nice to have a shorter train trip. It is much closer than Shinjuku. 

 I looked around a shop called Yodobashi Camera in Yokohama for a few hours. This place is an electrical superstore with just about everything your immature boy heart desires. They have stores in lots of places. By the time I got back home i headed for the supermarket. They say you shouldn't shop on an empty stomach but I think I did pretty well. I resisted the Pocky, biscuit chocolate covered sticks, but I caved on some chocolate covered icecreams. 

 You would think I would have stopped there, but I also dropped into the Family Mart convenience store down the road and bought these addictive Chin Noodle boxes. I got two. These things have REAL MEAT. I got home and again made too much pasta. I put half of it in a plastic container for tomorrow. Mmm.. leftovers.

0 comments: