Wednesday 6 June 2007

My Life Is An Opera

This morning I didn't have to be at training until 2pm. It was just as well because I didn't go to sleep until 3am the previous night. The net connection was running so well and I was trying to find where I could get a SIM for my phone. Even after all that time, I couldn't manage to find a company that does it.

Dad came online and it was nice to make contact with home. He reads this so I have to be careful what I say. Maybe I shouldn't have told them. Anyway..

I officially got up about 11am and caught the train at midday. i was thinking that if I made a bad judgement, it wouldn't leave me with much time to get (pardon the pun) back on track. Today is the day they show us how to teach the Nihonjin. Wes is the trainer and I was forewarned of a few things about him. Not saying too much, but the guy needs a "yeah" jar. He is Canadian and at the end of almost every sentence he uttered it.

Even though the training was relatively short, I was completely drained. On the train I was completely squashed agained the door so much that for a moment I felt I couldn't breathe. A guy (dammit, it could've been a nice sweet japanese girl), was pressed heavily against me. Thankfully it only lasted a bit more than a train stop. The last song that came on my iPod as I was arriving at Keikyu Tomioka station was Andre Bocelli's, "Con te Partiro". This opera song was strangely surreal and calming in a train full of japanese.

I made a LOT of pasta when I arrived home. Actually after years of complaining about getting fed too much of the stuff at once, I made too much myself. Sorry Mamma.

0 comments: